Monday, October 12, 2020

Lebron James

I've collected baseball cards ever since I was 7 years old. I collected basketball cards heavily as well from about 1993 - 1999 and again from 2003 - 2008. Lebron is what brought me back to basketball cards in 2003. He was the biggest thing since Jordan and he has lived up to the hype.

The Lakers won the NBA Finals last night and LeBron James had a triple-double and was named Finals MVP. I happened to turn on the game with about 2 minutes left in the fourth quarter. That was the only playoff basketball I watched all year.

I was routing for the Lakers to win, but only for selfish reasons because I wanted my Leron James rookie cards to increase in value. 

These were all pulled by me from packs back in 2003-04.B


A few other LeBrons that I have pulled over the years.




I will always believe that Jordan is the greatest basketball player of all-time. LeBron is right behind him in my opinion. I should get the two Topps rookie cards graded and then sell them and get a low grade Jordan 1986- 87 Fleer rookie card.

5 comments:

  1. You lucked out getting the LeBron rookies; I wasn't able to pull him from my packs. The Big Signs is a card?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Big Signs card folds out and has a picture of LeBron inside.

      Delete
  2. Wow, cool. I wish I collected more consistently back in the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a fellow Lebron fan/collector, I was excited to see him win the championship. Love those cards of him especially the rookie cards that you posted. I do wish I had gotten my hands on one back in the day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet collection! I was out of the hobby when Lebron was a rookie, so I don't think I own any of his rookie cards. It sucks, because I'd love to have one... but considering I don't really focus on hoops anymore... it's not the end of the world. I am glad that I stocked up on Kobe last year though. I don't invest, but that was one of the best collecting decisions I've ever made. And if Duncan ever rises up in value... he'll be right up there.

    ReplyDelete