Saturday, January 1, 2022

2022 Hobby Goals

Happy New Year everyone! 2021 was challenging for many reasons, but there was a lot of positives as well. I expect the same from 2022. 

As far as the hobby goes, I was able to add some great cards to my collection in 2021. Looking back, my focus was on vintage.

Here's a brief recap of some of the highlights. Not every month is represented, but each month I was able to add a variety of cards to my collection. I visited card shows, attended card shows, bought some cards off Offer Up and was given thousands of cards via Facebook.

February - 1952 Minnie Minoso rookie card and a 1960 Topps Carl Yastrzemski rookie card



March - Mike Schmidt rookie card


June - Joe DiMaggio auto



July - 1955 Bowman Hank Aaron, Reggie Jackson auto, 1951 Bowman Whitey Ford rookie card, and finished the 1971 Topps set





August - Attended the Tyler Gilbert no-hitter with my youngest son


September - Finished my Topps Page A Year binder by adding 1951 Topps Red and Blue backs










October - Finished the Nolan Ryan Topps run (added 1969, 1970, 1971, and 1972 among others this year)


November - Met up with fellow card blogger Angus at a card shop and got a 1958 Topps Roger Maris rookie card


December - 1954 Topps Al Kaline rookie card 


I've got another big "rookie card" coming in that I purchased the last week of December. I'll save that one for another post.

2021 was a great year for my collection!  I expect 2022 to be just as good or even better!

To help my focus in 2022 I wanted to document some hobby goals.

1) Finish 100 sets. This can be a complete sets, insert sets, sub sets, team sets, oddball sets, etc.

2) Add 5 Hall of Fame rookie cards to my collection. I would like to add 1 big one and then at least 4 others. For me a big one would be like Ernie Banks or Rod Carew. I need to put together a list of who I already have and who I still need. That is part of my next goal.

3) Organize my collection. That was my main hobby goal in 2021. I bought a ton of binders and sheets and made a lot of progress. I need more sheets though so I can keep going. 

4) Increase hobby presence on YouTube. I haven't made any videos in almost 2 years, so even making one video this year would accomplish this goal, but I think 1 video per month is my actual goal.

5) Reduce the number of cards in my collection. I will still be adding cards to my collection, so I just need to get rid of more cards than I add to my collection throughout the year. I will do this through trades, sales, giveaways, etc. This should be interesting to track,

I'm going to just stick with these 5 for now. Wish me luck! Hope everyone has a great 2022! Would love to hear what your hobby related goals are for 2022.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great year, and some tough goals for this coming year. I'm still trying to figure out my goals for this year...

    ReplyDelete