Thursday, January 27, 2022

Sets completed in 2022

 One of my 2022 hobby goals is to complete 100 sets. These can be complete sets, insert sets, subsets, or oddball sets. I’ve got a ton of partial sets I’ve been working on and I’m always interested in adding more cool sets to my collection.

1. 1964 Topps World Series subset. I had 3 of the cards from a collection I had purchased a few years ago. The last two I picked up at a show back in December, not knowing for sure if I needed them, or if they would be duplicates. Turns out they were the two cards I needed.

I love the game of baseball and it’s history, so World Series subsets are right up my alley. This subset has inspired me to set aside a binder for theses cards.

2. 2016 Topps Archives 65th Anniversary - I bought one box of this back when it came out. I liked it a lot though and since it's only a 65 card set I put it in sheets and hoped I would find the rest in dime boxes. No such luck However; back in late January one of the guys I follow on Twitter came across a ton of the cards from this set in a box he got at Goodwill and I sent him my list. He was able to knock off every card on my list except for one. I found the one card I needed on eBay for $1 with $1 shipping and it arrived a few days later to complete my set.

3. 2001 Post 500 Home Run Club. I love oddball cards. I've been working on this set for a while. I recently came across a few of these cards in a dime box and without knowing exactly which cards I needed, I grabbed them all. I ended up grabbing the two cards I still needed for this 8 card set and so now it's complete.


4. 2001 Topps American Pie. A couple of years ago I bought a collection and it had a 2001 Topps American Pie set in it. Well, it had a 2001 Topps American Pie set that was missing one card. So I went on eBay and purchased the card I needed to complete the set. Here is the card I needed to complete the set.



7 comments:

  1. I really like the photo on the Game 3 card. Topps had a few good outfield action photos in the '50s and '60s.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm slowly building up my '64 set and its nice to see that I have something to look forward to. That's a cool subset.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can't go wrong with "Sealing Yanks' Doom"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a nice looking subset. I also like some little sets like those. Do you have a wantlist of the sets you are trying to complete?

    ReplyDelete
  5. excellent looking set. I always like the 73 topps subset

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gotta love Dodgers World Series Victory cards...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Best of luck with those 100 sets. I'd be happy if I complete 10 this year.

    ReplyDelete