Sunday, July 10, 2022

Dodger Stadium

On July 5th we went to the Dodgers vs Rockies game. This was my first time at Dodger Stadium. Never having been before I wanted to get there early to walk around. The game started at 7:10 pm and we left our hotel around 4:45 pm and got to the stadium around 5:30 pm. I bought a parking pass ahead of time, so we parked fairly close to the centerfield entrance, which I think is the main entrance. 


It happened to be Chris Taylor bobblehead night, so it was busy. When I told my boys it was Chris Taylor bobblehead night, my middle son mentioned that he liked Chris Taylor because he plays with him on The Show video game. There were 5 of us and we all got one. Almost immediately we were approached about selling our bobbleheads. During the night we were asked 5 different times about selling our bobbleheads. We ended up selling 3. We kept one for my middle son and then I kept one for a friend of mine the is a big Dodgers fan.


We got to the Stadium about an hour and a half before the game started, but I wish we would have gotten there earlier. Never having been there before I wanted to explore.

Here is the Jackie Robinson statue.


The Sandy Koufax statue was unveiled just last month.


We had to get a picture with the giant Tommy Lasorda bobblehead, even though my kids didn't know who he was.


With the All-Star game at Dodger Stadium later this month, there was a lot of signage up throughout the park.


I've heard about Dodger Dogs for decades. I was excited to try one.


There were some Topps baseball cards pictured throughout the park.


There was a display of Gold Gloves. Not sure if it was every one won by a Dodger, but there was a lot. Here is a picture of one of them won by first baseman Wes Parker. I've written several posts about Wes Parker and how great a fielder he was.


Here are some more of the Gold Gloves.


This Jackie Robinson display was massive.  


There was a room with a ton of amazing artwork; much of it signed, for sale.






Next we went up to the second level right behind home plate and headed towards right field. My point being, we only saw half. I wonder what we missed.




These are original lockers from Dodger Stadium.



I took a close up of the Exhibit Postcard dispenser. I had never seen one before.



The home plate on the left is the home plate from Ebbets Field that was removed after he final game there in 1957.



Next we went up to the third level where our seats were.



This was the view from our seats. We watched for a few innings and then went and got some food.


We got Dodger Dogs, BBQ beef nachos in helmets, tacos, and later we got twisted taters. I have to say that I was severely underwhelmed by all of the food. There really wasn't anything different or special about the Dodger Dogs. The BBQ sauce on the nachos wasn't horrible, but it made something already messy, incredibly messy. My wife got the tacos and she couldn't even finish them. She said the tortilla and the contents were cold. The twisted taters were okay, but dry.




I was impressed by the attention to detail throughout the stadium, including the stools.


After eating we went back and finished watching the game. The Rockies took an early 1-0 lead and later Kris Bryant hit his first homer as a Rockies player, but Max Muncy and Mookie Betts homered for the home team and the Dodgers ended up beating the Rockies 5-2. 

Dodger Stadium was massive! I could have spent several more hours there, just roaming around and exploring. I'll have to go back. Have you been to Dodger Stadium? What did I miss seeing?

6 comments:

  1. Looks like you guys had fun. Glad you were able to sell a few of those bobbles. Been to Dodger Stadium a few times over the years. The last time the thing that stood out to me the most were the signed and framed photos. There were some pretty cool items of memorabilia for sale there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great photos and experience! it's been 10 years since i've been back to dodger stadium so i haven't seen many of the additions that have occurred in the post-mccourt era. dodger dogs are just longer hot dogs from farmer john, so nothing really special but they are in my opinion delicious (grilled only though). i love this stadium though. i worked in orange county in the early 1990s and often had meetings in glendale, so would stop at the stadium on my way back and peruse the gift shop and then just sit in the seats looking at the field for a bit. not sure if they let you do that anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really jealous of your trip. I definitely want to get to Dodger Stadium for a game at some point. Looks like it was a fun time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man, I'll get there someday. Looks beautiful every time I see pictures. I know I like it without ever being there. It's weird to me that there are so many museum pieces on display. I go to games to watch the game, food and everything else is secondary. Sometimes I don't bother with food.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like you had a great time at Dodger Stadium. My best friend and I have often talked about making a trip to LA for a game.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pictures look great, thanks for sharing! Bummer the food was subpar.

    ReplyDelete