Thursday, July 14, 2022

Ryan Roberts Super Collection Update: 2013 Topps Update Magenta Printing Plate

I don't know exactly how to put this in words, but I like to think that I have the largest collection of Ryan Roberts cards on the planet. There is probably someone out there with more Ryan Roberts cards than I have because they have 200 copies of one card, but I'm pretty sure I have the most unique Ryan Roberts cards. The Trading Card Database website shows him only having 138 total cards. I have 87 of the 138. I know that's only 63%, but out of the 138 total cards, 43 of those are 1/1, so there are only 95 non 1/1 Ryan Roberts cards. Looks like there are only 13 Ryan Roberts cards listed on Trading Card Database that I don't have and even some of those are serial numbered to 30 or less.

Ryan Roberts played in 518 games over a period of 9 seasons between 2006 and 2014. He played in 17 games for the Toronto Blue Jays (2006-07), 1 game with the Texas Rangers (2008), 372 games with the Arizona Diamondbacks (2009-12), 120 games with the Tampa Bay Rays (2012-13) and 8 games with the Red Sox (2014). 

They say that time goes faster, the older you get and I tend to agree. I can't believe it's been 9 years since Ryan Roberts last played a major league game. With that being said, it has been a while since I've been able to add a new Ryan Roberts card to my collection. Probably not 9 years, but it has to have been a few years at least since I've been able to acquire a new item for my Ryan Roberts collection.

This 2013 Topps Update magenta printing plate popped up on eBay a week or so ago and I grabbed it. I prefer his Diamondbacks stuff, but he just doesn't have a ton of cards, so I collect it all.



I already have the yellow printing plate for this card, so I just need two more and I could start printing it myself. This is my 13th Ryan Roberts printing plate.

1 comment:

  1. With only 8 games, I'm not surprised I didn't remember him as a Red Sox.

    ReplyDelete