Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Billy Williams

This post has been waiting over a year to be seen. Sorry post. I love finding great deals on vintage.

Check out these two 1971 Topps cards. These were a quarter each and highlight the 1970 National League Home Run Leaders and RBI Leaders.

The thing I thought was interesting about these two cards is that they feature the same three players. Johnny Bench, Billy Williams, and Tony Perez.

I wonder how often that has happened. That the same three players were at the top of their league for home runs and RBI.



My LCS must have picked up a collection from a Cubs fan recently because there were lots of Billy Williams, Ron Santo, and Fergie Jenkins. Here are a few other Billy Williams cards that I picked up yesterday. 

The 1968 and 1971 were 50 cents apiece while the 1970, which is in really great shape, set me back $2 and was the highest price I paid for a card.

1968 Topps #37


1970 Topps #170


1971 Topps #359

2 comments:

  1. I love league leader cards that feature exclusively hall of famers. The fact that you were able to grab them for a quarter each makes them even cooler.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finds for great prices! Love me some Sweet Swingin' Billy Williams!

    ReplyDelete