Thursday, August 27, 2020

Most people prefer Trout, but I love me some Salmon

 Earlier this month I posted about my Tim Salmon collection. Tom, from The Angels, In Order reached out to confirm my address and sent me 10 new Salmon cards. Thanks Tom!


This prompted me to take my current Salmon collection from box to binder. I prefer binders when it comes to storing my collection, but takes sheets and binders are more pricey than penny sleeves or boxes and they take up more space, but I'm glad to have my Salmon collection in a binder now. For most of my player collections that make it into binders I sort them by year. I think I mostly do it because if I narrow it down to the year it's easier to check a few pages to see if I need a card than checking all of them. 

I collect Salmon because we went to the same high school. Not at the same time though. He graduated about 10 years before me. A few other professional athletes attended Greenway High School, but Tim Salmon is the most accomplished, in my opinion. Others include Richie Brockel (NFL), Dan Butler (MLB), Brad Lohas (NBA), Frank Pollack (NFL) and Tim's brother, Mike Salmon (NFL). Other notable attendees include Chester Bennington of Linkin Park, Jennie Garth of Beverly Hills 90210 fame, and Josh McDermitt star of the Walking Dead.

How about you, who attended your High School?

4 comments:

  1. Holy mackerel! You went to the same high school as Jennie Garth? Loved her on 90210.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only notable person from my high school was Van Miller, legendary broadcaster for the Buffalo Bills.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eric Lauer of the Brewers graduated from the same high school that I did. Ryan Feierabend who had some time in MLB also. In football, Joe Staysniak, who played in a Super Bowl with ths Bills and current radio pregame host for the Colts also graduated from my high school. Outside of sports, Tom Batiuk, creator of the Funky Winkerbean and Crankshaft comic strips, graduated too from my school.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Roger Maris and Rick Helling went to my high school. Maris is a pretty big deal around here and I would say rightfully so.

    ReplyDelete