Thursday, November 12, 2020

1969 Topps Deckle Edge

Yesterday's post was about the 1968 Topps Game cards, so I thought today I would move to the 1969 Topps Deckle Edge set.

I got a starter set in one of the collections I bought last year. I got a couple more from someone on Twitter a while back, but I still need several cards to complete the set. If you can help me out, please let me know.

Here is what I still need although the price of the "b" cards will probably mean that I will consider the set complete without them.

#2 - Boog Powell

#4 - Carl Yastremski

#6 - Luis Tiant

#11a - Hoyt Wilhelm

#11b - Jim Wynn

#16 - Frank Howard

#20 - Tommy Helms

#22a - Rusty Staub

#22b - Joe Foy

#26 - Richie Allen

#29 - Bob Gibson





While I like the 1969 Deckle Edge set, I don't love it. The fact that they are slightly smaller than a typical card and have the deckle edge make them hard to display and store. How about you, are you a fan of the Deckle Edge set?

3 comments:

  1. I like them... because they're vintage and are inserts/oddballs, but like you... I wouldn't say I love them. If I see them and they're cheap, I'll grab them. That being said... the only two I know I have are the McCovey and the Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kind of like them - they look and feel like real photos from the era. I have an extra Frank Howard I can save for our next trade.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, dang. If I had known you would need the 'b' cards, I would have sent them your way, hoping to trade for an Olajuwon RC! But I already sent them elsewhere, sorry.

    I just finally completed this set myself, the Hoyt Wilhelm was the last card for me. They are cool, but not amazing. But since you have this many of them, it seems hard not to go for it!

    ReplyDelete