Saturday, November 14, 2020

Oddball: 1993 Kraft Singles Superstars Pop-Ups

One of my favorite things about buying collections is finding stuff that I have never seen before and most of the time that ends up taking the form of an oddball food issue. Such is the case with this 1993 Kraft Singles Superstars Pop-Ups set. Not sure why I wasn't familiar with these other than when I was growing up we didn't eat a lot of Kraft Singles. We would typically buy a block of cheese and cut it ourselves.

I don't know a whole lot about the set, but it looks like Kraft produced these sets in 1993, 1994, and 1995. I'm not sure if they were available as singles or only in a boxed set, but I do see boxed sets available, so that tells me you could probably send some Proof of Purchases into Kraft and get these sets via mail. If anyone has any other information about this set, or the other years, please let me know.

I thought I was one card short for the set because I was missing the Griffey, but it turned out it was just in a different location initially and so when I found it I reunited it with the rest of the set and put the complete set in pages.

So here is the set, both the front and backs.









The collection that this came from also included this Collector's Album, but I chose to use standard pages instead.

Front


Middle - the flaps fold out so you would fit the entire set


Back


How about you? Do you have any of the Kraft sets? Should I have put the cards in the Collector's Album? Did you eat Kraft Singles as a kid?

2 comments:

  1. Pretty sure I have at least one of these sitting in my collection. If I had to guess... I'd say Eck... but I sure hope it's the Gwynn. As for storage... I believe people should store them however they want. But if it were me, I would have kept them in the original album. As for Kraft Singles... loved them as a kid, but haven't eaten them in decades (unless you count the cheese on McDonald's cheeseburgers).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I had Roberto Alomar's card from this set but can't seem to find it. So many oddballs that year.

    ReplyDelete