Sunday, August 22, 2021

FB FInd - 2021 Gypsy Queen

I got a message on Thursday that there was more cards for me to pick up if I wanted them. The others had not showed up. I made arrangements to stop on my way home from work and he gave me this. More 2020 Heritage High Numbers, 2019 Update, 2020 Series 1, 2 and Update, another box of 2020 Archives, 2 boxes of Pro Debut and 3 bags of random stuff.


One of the paper bags contained about 100 2021 Gypsy Queen cards. Not enough for me to justify putting together the set, but there were a good number of cards to get a couple of sample pages for my Gypsy Queen binder.



There were a good amount of green parallels, so these must have been from retail.


This Turquoise parallel was left in the pile. Not sure if it is because it looks so similar to the green parallels and was missed or if it's because it's numbered to 199 and of Daulton Jefferies. 



There were some inserts of big name players including the Tarot of the Diamond cards of Vlad, Betts, and Harper. 


I wasn't familiar with 2021 Gypsy Queen before going through these cards and so these "mini" Captain cards really jumped out at me seeing them for the first time. They are super colorful compared to the base cards and I think they look pretty cool. 


I'll be keeping a few of the inserts, but the rest will be available.

Not sure how I feel about Gypsy Queen. It's been around for 11 years now. I'm not sure I could pick out a specific year just by looking at the front of the cards. They all blend together to me. But like I said, some of the inserts are cool.

What do you think about Gypsy Queen? 


3 comments:

  1. Never much got into Gypsy Queen. Seems like it would be a nice product to produce every 5 years, not yearly. But I do like those Captain cards, haven't seen them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't like GQ and this year it looks super boring. That insert set is quite the contrast. ... I'll just get my Dodgers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not so much into GQ but I'm game enough for a sample pack. It's unfortunate the Target website only has blasters and no fat packs.

    ReplyDelete