Friday, August 27, 2021

How many make the Hall of Fame? 2012 Topps Chrome

Last Saturday I went to a couple of cards shops. I already showed off my purchases from on of the shops, but today let's look at some of the cards from the other shop. I found a 3000 count box on their 15/$1 shelves that was filled with 2012 Topps Chrome baseball.

I picked out these 18 cards for a couple of sample pages. Lots of big names. Some have already retired with a couple already elected to the Hall of Fame, but most are still playing. It will be interesting to see in the end, how many of these 18 end up in the Hall of Fame.


My guess is that just under half of these 18 will end up into the Hall of Fame. With 2 already in, that means I think just 6 of the remaining 16 will end up in the Hall. Of those not in yet I think Ortiz, Cabrera, Verlander, Greinke, Sabathia, and Rodriguez will eventually get in. Not sure how long it will take some of them, cough...cough, Rodriguez...cough, to get in, but those are my picks. 

Agree or diaagree? Let me know who you think makes it into the Hall of Fame?

8 comments:

  1. Think Votto's getting in, there's isn't too much enthusiasm about him thanks to him being a 1B but his numbers put him up there with the all-time greats. His OPS+ is already higher than that of Ken Griffey Jr. or Reggie Jackson.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know there has been talk recently about Votto with him getting his 2,000th hit. It could happen. His OPS+ being higher than Griffey and Reggie is interesting.

      Delete
  2. Aside from steroid allegations and cheating scandals, the following are locks to make it: Sabathia, A-Roid, Mauer, Greinke, Verlander Cabrera, Votto, and Ortiz. Freeman needs a few more good seasons, but I think he'll get there. Posey will get in due to his MVP and 3 World Series rings. If Chapman can stay healthy enough to crack the Top 10 in saves, he'll eventually get in. Staunton has an outside chance, but I think he needs to hit 500 home runs and I just don't see him staying healthy enough to do it. So I got 10 future Hall of Famers, with 2 being very close.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the one's you named, plus Votto and Chapman are going in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agree with most of what has been said. I think Mauer is likely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you're sleeping on catchers. As The Diamond King says, Mauer should get in--JAWS has him as the 7th greatest catcher of all time. Posey is borderline right now, but the three World Series rings help. A couple more good seasons like this one and he'll be in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm hoping Posey, Votto, and Freeman ended up eventually getting in. Big fans of all three players.

    ReplyDelete