Tuesday, April 26, 2022

762 Barry Bonds cards!

Last weekend I finished a card project that I started back in August of 2020. So in a little under 2 years I went from 272 different Barry Bonds cards to 762 different Barry Bonds cards; to match his home run total. Thank you to everyone that helped me out along the way! There were multiple bloggers who sent me Bonds cards and I appreciate each of you! 

This was a fun project and I am really happy with the way it turned out, especially the placement of the Home Run Heroes cards. If I add an additional Bonds cards to my collection I can see if I want to replace any of the current cards with them, but I do plan on just sticking to 762.


I made a YouTube video of the binder and am going to post it here. I haven't always had good luck in showing videos on my blog, but here's hoping!


8 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Very cool project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really enjoy projects like this. Makes it fun going to shows and shops and finding cards outside the norm.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks! it was a fun project. I also like projects that have an end mark. It's nice to be able to finish something.

      Delete
  3. Very cool. Great idea to use the Home Run History cards like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, I posted about when I had the idea and I thought it was a great way to incorporate those cards into the project and see the progression of the 762 cards throughout the binder.

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on the Bonds completion! Thanks for the video too!

    ReplyDelete