Thursday, April 14, 2022

More from the OfferUp Trade: 1992 Confex Baseball Enquirer Set

Next up from my OfferUp trade is this 1992 Confex Baseball Enquirer set. I wrote about this set briefly back in November of 2020 because I had come across a small lot of them when I purchased a collection.

This is the entire set of 64 cards. I love this type of stuff, but due to limited collecting funds, I would only pick it up if it was a couple of bucks, so to get these as part of a collection purchase, or in this case a trade, is perfect.

Alright, here is the set. Without names on the front, some are a little challenging to identify. I mean it has been 30 years and some of the players are more obscure than others. Actually, they aren't even all players. There are some announcers, umpires, owners, retired stars, an actor and even a black box that make an appearance in this set.

















I would love to know more about this set if anyone has any info. What was the inspiration behind it? How many sets were produced? How was it packaged and produced? Was it sold in set form only in packs? Did they experience any legal issues? Do players sign these cards or would they consider them in poor taste?

Let me know what your thoughts are on this set.

5 comments:

  1. I accidentally bought some wax packs of these on eBay, they were mislabeled and… long story. Anyway they were pretty standard wax packs. Fun cards, the really recognizable ones are kinda cool, but there are a few I just can’t place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a few of these but not many, most were new to me seeing them here. Looks like a fun set.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like TCDB has the checklist figured out.. https://www.tcdb.com/Checklist.cfm/sid/83856

    Also found a youtube video where you can get a look at the packs and some more info: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HA-8eciPXkM

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've had a couple (Stew and Rickey) of these included in care packages over the years. It's an interesting set. The John Goodman card is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Odd size for a set, never saw the whole thing before. I have a couple of cards but no plans to get more...too oddball for me. Thanks for showing them all off!

    ReplyDelete