Sunday, April 10, 2022

OfferUp trade gets me up to 703 unique Barry Bonds cards

OfferUp and Facebook Marketplace are pretty hit or miss when it comes to sports cards. I got a hit last week. I saw a seller that had a bunch of sheets of Barry Bonds cards listed. $5 each or 3/$10 was the asking price. I asked the seller if they were still available. He said they were and said he would be interested in trading for some football cards I had posted on the site. We communicated back and forth a bit and I realized that I had sold him some football cards on the site about a month before.

Turns out he buys collections, but only collects football and basketball. We made arrangements to meet up and he brought his baseball and I brought some football that I have been trying to sell. He ended up forgetting the sheets of bonds cards, but we were still able to make a trade. I looked through his stuff and he looked through mine. I had 18 autographed and memorabilia cards and then 3 binders of sets and inserts sets. Some decent stuff, but nothing too crazy.

Here is what I got from him.


I am going break down what I got from him over the the next couple of weeks. He forgot the sheets of Barry Bonds cards, but these boxes contained 251 Bonds cards.


I am trying to get 762 unique Barry Bonds cards. One for each of his home runs. Prior to this trade, I was at 543, so with the 251 it was technically possible for me to get to 762, but I knew that wouldn't happen. I was however, able to add 104 cards, which I was very happy about. That put me at 647. 

We ended up meeting up a few days later and I traded him some basketball cards for more baseball including 14 sheets of Barry Bonds cards and a few binders and some more smaller boxes of baseball cards. This netted me another 56 cards I needed and puts me at 703 different Barry Bonds cards. Just 59 to go! I luted about this on Twitter and potentially have another 32 cards I need headed my way. I'm getting really close

1 comment: