Saturday, April 30, 2022

OfferUp Trade: 1983 Fleer Stamps Set

Normally when I get unopened sets I like to open them up and put them in a binder to display and enjoy them. This 1983 Fleer Stamp set is an exception, at least for the time being. I'm just not sure how I would display them, so for right now I'm just keeping them sealed and then I put them in sheet protectors and then in my Fleer binder.

This came as part of my big OfferUp trade a little while back. It was something that I wasn't familiar with before being presented it as part of the trade.

There are 288 total stamps. This includes 224 players and then 64 additional stamps that I am guessing, based on the packaging, are team logos, but that seems like a lot of team logos. Note that none of the team logo stamps are viable. 


I didn't take a picture of the back, but it is a black piece of cardboard.


The OfferUp trade brought a complete set, plus an extra of Group 3 of 4. 


I did a little research and these were sold in these packages as well as in stamp dispensers.


Here is a photo of the stamp dispensers that I found online. Each dispenser came with 18 stamps and once all the stamps had been dispensed, the dispenser could be clipped to your belt and act as a coin holder!


Anyone ever purchase these back in 1983? Anyone have the sheets or any of the stamps? Anybody have the stamp dispenser/coin holder?

4 comments:

  1. I didn't purchase them in 1983, but I did buy a box of these at DA back in 2012 for $12.95. If I remember correctly I was excited that there's a Wade Boggs in the set. I thought I had written a post on the set of sheets, but can't seem to find it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's cool! I hadn't thought about there being an "rookie" stamps in the set.

      Delete
  2. These are pretty sweet looking, and most defintely what I would call an oddball set from the 1980s. Keep us, the readers, posted on how you decide to display them. This OfferUp trade keeps yielding some great treasures for sure. Could you email me about something? Can you email me about OfferUp? I am not sure what it is but sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will send you an email, but OfferUp is just an app that is similar to Craigslist. Anyone can post items for sale. I just happened to meet someone through the OfferUp app that collects basketball and football and since I mostly collect baseball, we were able to work out a trade.

      Delete