Thursday, December 31, 2009

I read his blog,and boy am I sure glad I did.

I'm trying to complete the 2009 Topps Updates & Highlights set, and today I got a package in the mail from fellow 2009 Topps Updates & Highlights set collector, Jeremy of the blog no one's going to read this blog. Jeremy and I arranged to help each other out on this set. He sent me 8 cards that I needed plus a bunch of D-Backs cards (Schlereth Auto!) and I sent him a couple of cards he needed plus some Turkey Red and Propeganda insert cards. Here are a few of the Updates cards and some of the Diamondbacks cards that Jeremy sent. Thanks Jeremy!

Randy Johnson Season Highlight card of 300th win - Why didn't the D-Backs resign him so he could get number 300 in a D-Backs uniform?



Adrian Gonzalez Home Run Derby card - The Home Run Derby is my favorite part of the All-Star game.



Ryan Howard All-Star card



A couple of Brandon Webb inserts






The D-Backs celebrating beating the Cubs to advance in the 2007 playoffs.



2009 Goodwin Champions cards of Brandon Webb and Stephen Drew



Former D-Back Max Scherzer (2009 Topps T206)



2007 Goudy Mini of Chad Tracy - Chad will not be a D-Back next season. Injuries prevented him from living up to his full potential.



2009 Topps Updates & Highlights Career Quest Autograph of Daniel Schlereth - It's always sad to see a young promising arm leave your favorite team, but I wish Mr. Schlereth much success in Detroit. I had been wanting to get a Schlereth auto for a while and then Jermey offered this as part of the trade. Thanks again Jeremy!


1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you liked the cards. I agree about the Randy Johnson card, he doesn't look right in a Giants uniform. He should be celebrating 300 wins in a Diamondback uniform. I always thought that Chad Tracy looks like Will Forte in that card. You know, the guy from SNL? Maybe I'm crazy.

    ReplyDelete